Daniel Wims, president and vice president of academic affairs and research at Alabama A&M University, officially announced a presidential transition team that aims to ensure a seamless transition of leadership as a 12-year Hugine administration ends and the The administration of Wims begins. Wims will assume the presidency on January 1, 2022.
The AAMU Presidential Transition Team is tasked with designing and implementing a timeline of strategic and inclusive engagements designed to enable The University and the Institution’s external stakeholders a reflective and insightful forum for exchange.
âI tasked the Presidential Transition Team to ensure that we communicate with all facets of the Alabama A&M University family – students, faculty, staff and administrators, as well as with a wide range of multisectoral entities within from the Greater Huntsville community to listen and find out about their key plans, priorities, challenges and opportunities, âsaid Wims.
The Presidential Transition Team will continue to work with Wims on developing achievable strategies that reflect the heart of the University. values student-centered, excellence, integrity, commitment, customer service, global reach, the diversity and responsibility.
“I am committed to implementing the university’s strategic plan, while ensuring that Alabama A&M continues to preserve its cultural heritage and integrity as a historically black college and university and traditional land grant institution. of 1890, “said Wims.
An ad hoc 18-member presidential transition team will be led by Tonya Perry, Acting Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the School of Graduate Studies. Perry is joined by two Co-Chairs, Gerald Vines, Director of Recruitment and Alumni Registration, and Kylie Nash, Interim Director of Information. Jeanette Jones, Trustee, Faculty Senate President and Distinguished University Professor, will be part of the Presidential Transition Team as a special liaison with the Board of Trustees.
Members of the Presidential Transition Team were selected not only for their current positions and skills, but also for their potential to offer unique perspectives, as well as beneficial contacts from the community and beyond.
Members of the Presidential Transition Team are listed below.
- Chair: Dr. Tonya Perry, Academic Affairs, Associate Vice-President and Interim Dean, School of Graduate Studies
- Co-Chair: Dr. Kylie Nash, Information Technology Services, Acting Chief Information Officer
- Co-Chair: Mr. Gerald Vines, Academic Affairs, Director of Graduate Recruitment and Enrollment Management, Graduate Studies
- Special Liaison with the Board of Trustees: Dr. Jeanette Jones, Academic Affairs, President of the Faculty Senate and Distinguished Professor, Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Ms. Sandra Stubbs, Marketing, Communications & Advancement, Director, Alumni Affairs
- Ms. Ka’lisa Stanfield, Athletics, Assistant Director of Sports
- Ms. Felicia Wilson, Aramark, Director
- Major Joseph Rucker, Academic Business, ROTC
- Mr. Jerome Saint-jones, Marketing, Communications & Advancement, Director, Public Relations Office
- Ms. Deja Strong, Former SGA Fellow / Undergraduate Student
- Ms. Aleisha Nesbitt, graduate student
- Ms. Diann Greer, Student Affairs, Director, Student Activities
- Ms. Courtney Davis, Business and Finance, Acting Controller
- Dr. Malinda Swoope, Office of the President, Special Assistant to the President
- Ms. Lisa Spencer, Academic Affairs, Administrative Assistant, Office of the Provost & Vice-President
- Dr Charlotte Teague, Academic Affairs, Asst. Professor, Department of English and Foreign Languages
- Mr. Marshall Chimwedzi, Business and Finance, Director, Bulldog Transit System
- Dr Jacob Oluwoye, professor, Academic Affairs, Faculty Senate, Department of Town Planning and Town Planning