Role of employment
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Director of Legal Affairs and Compliance, South Asia, acts as the principal legal counsel and compliance officer for the South Asia group of the organization. In this role, they provide strategic legal and compliance advice and guidance to the management team and others on complex and high-risk legal matters. They are also responsible for overseeing the local compliance team. They are expected to provide proactive and strategic legal input with regard to legal, managerial and organizational matters and to work closely with the General Counsel, the management team, external law firms and employees. at all levels. They are an active member of the L&BA senior team, which helps formulate the function’s strategy, articulate its culture and mission, and develop and manage its talents. Some travel to fulfill these responsibilities may be necessary.
- Act as the primary legal advisor and compliance officer for the organization’s South Asia group. In this role, they provide strategic legal advice and guidance to the management team and others on complex and high risk legal and compliance matters, taking a business, pragmatic and responsive approach.
- Efficient and effective management of legal advisory services and legal and compliance risks primarily for South Asia, and further globally as required.
- Drafting and / or reviewing of a wide range of buy and sell agreements, corporate documents, editorial and licensing agreements, technology agreements, terms and conditions, employment agreements , ownership and financing. Deal with trademarks, copyright, data protection, competition law, business registration and corporate secretarial requirements. Management of disputes and litigation. Ensure compliance and regulatory support.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legal developments in these areas.
- Be an active member of the senior Legal & Business Affairs (L&BA) team, which helps formulate the function’s strategy, articulate its culture and mission, and develop and manage its talents. This also includes the supervision, guidance, strategic direction and guidance of the L&BA team.
Skills and experience:
- Qualified lawyer with significant experience in advising on commercial, corporate and litigation matters, ideally in a media or digital company, and with some knowledge of intellectual property.
- Ideally experienced in a multinational organization, familiar with working in a matrix structure with exposure to working within a global team.
- Knowledge of statutory laws and regulations adopted by government agencies to help CUPA achieve its objectives within the limits of the law
- Experience in a legal business partner role helping an organization or team to implement its strategy.
– Advertising –
See the link for more details: https://careers.cambridge.org/jobs/vacancy/headâlegalâcompliance-new-delhi/1092/description/