KOCHVILLE TWP., MI – Sagianw Valley State University honored 20 public school teachers from across the Great Lakes Bay Area at a dinner held Tuesday, February 22 at Sagianw Valley State University. Saginaw Valley, according to a press release.
The STEM Stars, representing Arenac, Bay, Clare, Isabella, Midland and Saginaw counties, were recognized for their hard work and contribution to science, technology, engineering and science education. math, according to the release. Dow Chemical Vice President Melanie Kalmar was the keynote speaker.
This is the third year that SVSU has partnered with the MiSTEM network to recognize educators, according to the statement. In addition to the $250 grants for their classrooms, each teacher received a 3D printed “souvenir” designed and produced by SVSU entities.
“These teachers have made incredible contributions to STEM education in their classrooms, schools and communities,” [email protected] Director Adrianne Cole said in the statement. “They deserve to be recognized not only for their innovative STEM programs, but also for their ability to make meaningful connections with their students inside and outside the classroom.”
This year’s winners are:
- Stephanie Baarck, teacher, St. Lorenz Lutheran School, Frankenmuth
- Christine Brillhart, science teacher, Jefferson Middle School, Midland
- Jennifer Courtright, Grade 4 Teacher and Coach, Beal City Public Schools, Mt. Pleasant
- Jodi Decuf, STEAM teacher, MacGregor Elementary, Bay City
- Andy Frisch, Science Teacher, Farwell High School, Farwell
- April Frost, Science Teacher, Farwell Middle School, Farwell
- Jessica Good, STEM teacher, Christa McAuliffe Middle School, Bangor Township
- Melissa Grunder, FIRST teacher/coordinator, Siebert Elementary School, Midland
- Tim Hall, Science and Electronics Teacher, Robotics Coach, Handy Middle School, Bay City
- Deb Kanine, Tech/Computer Lab Teacher, Shepherd Public School District
- Jessi Koehler, STEM teacher, Freeland Learning Center and Freeland Elementary, Freeland
- Dana Lockwood, Business Teacher, Hemlock High School, Hemlock
- Ashley Morgan, Chemistry Teacher, Frankenmuth High School, Frankenmuth
- Charlie Lalonde, math teacher, robotics coach, Western Middle School, Bay City
- Daniel Seefeld, STEM and PE teacher, Larson Elementary, Harrison
- Tracy Stoldt, math and science teacher, middle and high school Au Gres-Sims, Au Gres
- Lori Vacik, Reading and Science Teacher, Robert B. Havens Elementary, Thomas Township
- Randi Watchorn, Science Teacher, Marshall Greene Middle School, Birch Run
- Gwen Windiate, Science Teacher, Christa McAuliffe Middle School, Bangor Township
- Kristi Weber, STEM teacher, Jessie Rouse Elementary and Arthur Eddy Academy, Saginaw
If you want to receive more reports like this for free in your inbox, Click here and sign up for our weekly newsletter: Michigan Schools.
The Saginaw Valley is the ice storm’s battlefront against the rain
Resolution endorsed by Senate Republicans warns of ‘radical politics’ in Michigan schools
Saginaw County leaders weigh second attempt at MSU extension tax vote