MyFloridaFuture is an exciting new interactive tool designed to help students and families make more informed decisions about post-secondary education options in the Florida State University system. House Bill 1261, passed by the Florida legislature 2021 and signed by Governor Ron DeSantis, called on the state university system’s board of governors to develop a free, online college and career planning tool that provides students, parents, and policy makers have a wealth of information on graduate outcomes from the State University System of Florida. MyFloridaFuture allows users to explore data both at the system level and by individual institution, which provides useful information on the employment, wages and debt of graduates of the 12 public universities in Florida.
“It’s a very bright day for our students and future students! MyFloridaFuture will empower Florida students and their families to make knowledge-based decisions to optimize their future success, ”said Brian Lamb, Chairman of the Board of Governors. “The trajectory of Florida’s 12 public universities in terms of cost of degree, 4-year graduation rate, and graduate earning potential continues to increase, and we are grateful to the Florida Legislature and to Governor DeSantis for giving us the opportunity to design an innovative tool. that highlights this success and improves a student’s ability to choose the right degree program to achieve their career path and maximize their success.
Students and their families can explore each tab to learn more about the options for
- Earnings Over Time: What Is The Earning Potential For Each Academic Program 1, 5, And 10 Years After Graduation?
- Compare incomes: What are some examples of low, median and high salaries in several programs?
- Beyond the baccalaureate: What is the potential for additional earnings if I continue my studies beyond the baccalaureate?
- Earnings by large group: What salary scales are expected for the different large groups? Can I compare simultaneously and how do they compare?
- Typical loan amounts: What is the proportion of students in the state university system who graduate with student loan debt? And what is the average loan amount for a specific academic program?
- Loans Over Time: What are the expected monthly student debt payments in proportion to potential monthly income over a ten-year period?
“MyFloridaFuture will educate students about intentional planning for the future,” said Nastassia Janvier, FSU student body president and FSA board chair. “Students will have the opportunity to engage in it whenever they want and can use it as a resource to research different career areas. I know this will only help student success for the 12 public universities.
In addition to the MyFloridaFuture web page, the MyFloridaFuture tool is also available on the admissions page of each of the 12 public universities in Florida.