SAN ANGELO, TX – The Texas Tech University System (TTU System) Board of Trustees will meet Thursday and Friday (August 11-12) in San Angelo on the campus of Angelo State University. The meeting will be held at the CJ Davidson Conference Center (UC 100), First Floor, Houston Harte University Center (1910 Rosemont Dr.).
Angelo State University is governed by the Texas Tech University System. Established in 1996, the TTU system is among the top public university systems in the nation, comprised of five universities – Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Angelo State University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso, and Midwestern State University. Angelo State joined the TTU system in 2007 after leaving the Texas State University system.
This is the fourth time a regular meeting of the Board of Regents will be held in San Angelo and the first since 2015. The board also held meetings in San Angelo in 2007, 2011, and 2015.
Earlier this year, the Board of Regents held its February meeting in El Paso. This year marks the first time in the 26-year history of the TTU system that it has held more than one regular meeting outside of Lubbock in the same year.
Overall, 14 regular board meetings have been held outside of Lubbock on a campus in the TTU system since 1999.
Below are highlights of topics and items to be discussed at the next meeting, including estimated times with periodic breaks. Meeting documents and a live stream of the meeting are available online.
Thursday August 11
- 12:30 p.m. – Swearing-in ceremony for new student regent Hani Michael Annabi (Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso)
- 12:35 p.m. – Carr Scholarship Foundation Board Meeting
- 1:00 p.m. – Facilities Committee
- 1:25 p.m. – Finance and Investment Committee
- 2:00 p.m. – Academic, Clinical and Student Affairs Committee
- 2:25 p.m. – Audit Committee
- 2:40 p.m. – Executive session
- 5:00 p.m. – After the Executive Session, resumes Public Session as a Committee of the Whole
Friday August 12
- 9:45 a.m. – Call to order; convene as council meeting and committee of the whole council
- Presentations and recognitions
- Approval of minutes
- Approval of consent and information agendas
- Calendar of Board meetings 2022 and 2023
- Student Government Association Reports
10:30 a.m. – Executive session, if needed
- 11:50 a.m. – Following the Executive Session, reconvene in Open Session as motions of the Executive Session Committee of the Whole, as required. Advertisement
- Noon – Adjournment
Based in Lubbock, Texas, the TTU System is a $2.5 billion company focused on advancing higher education, healthcare, research and outreach with approximately 21,000 employees, more 63,000 students, nearly 370,000 alumni and an endowment valued at $1.7 billion. Over its short history, the TTU system has grown significantly and is nationally recognized, operating at 24 university sites in 21 cities (19 in Texas, 2 internationally). Midwestern State University at Wichita Falls was added to the TTU system in 2021. Additionally, the TTU system is one of nine in the nation to offer undergraduate, medical, law, nursing, pharmacy , dental and veterinary medicine, among other academic fields. .