- Full-time continuation
- Opportunity to contribute to research, education, and administrative efforts in the discipline of urban planning at the School of Architecture, Design, and Urban Planning
- Academic level B/C Base salary $110,856 – $156,579 + 17% superannuation
About the Opportunity
Our School of Architecture, Design and Urban Planning has a wide range of research interests and a dynamic, supportive culture. In 2020, we launched our current strategic plan which reflects our commitment to social justice, student-centered programs, multidisciplinarity, professional staff development, and engagement with industry and community.
Click here for more information about our school.
Our discipline of urban planning is concerned with the design, features and processes of urban planning and the policy and planning solutions offered to create better cities. We take an integrated, multidisciplinary approach to theory, policy and design of how we create and shape cities. We have strong research concentrations in housing, smart cities and place. Our scholars teach in undergraduate and postgraduate programs on urban planning, urban and regional planning, and urban design.
Your main responsibilities as a lecturer/lecturer in urban planning will be:
- coordinate and teach units across urban planning programs
- make an outstanding research contribution to urban studies
- contribute to the governance of the discipline, of the School and of the University.
We are looking for a Lecturer / Lecturer in Urban Planning who own :
- a full doctorate in urban planning, urban design or a related field of research
- demonstrated teaching and research experience in one or more of the fields of urban design, urban economics, urban spatial analysis or international urban development
- the opportunity to obtain competitive research funding (at the lecturer level) and evidence of grant submission (at the lecturer level)
- evidence of excellence in teaching through face-to-face, virtual and hybrid forms.
Please indicate in your cover letter the level of the position you wish to apply for (level B or C) and why you are best suited for this level.
Closing date for applications
11:59 p.m., February 17, 2022
How to register
Please click here to apply
© The University of Sydney